Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New home sweet home

 I arrived in Beirut at 3am this morning, after over 24 hours of travel. I'd been informed of the massive storms that have been happening over the past few days by the lady sitting next to me on the flight from Abu Dhabi and it is pretty miserable here. On the upside, I've got my own little serviced apartment - it's basic but comfortable.
 Apparently I can ask for a gas bottle and some pots for the woefully equipped kitchen (what you see is all there is) so I can at least make some coffee in the morning.
And this is the view from my balcony - basically about half way up the grey is all the sea, so on a nice day it will be a fantastic view, I'll take another photo then!! 
I came into the office in the early afternoon, and thankfully it's only a 2 minute walk from the apartment. I'm the third of the humanitarian crew to arrive and I'm looking forward to everyone else getting here and getting things moving. It's great to be back in Beirut, and by the feel of things outside, I think I'll have good reason to hit up El Dorado for a thicker jacket very soon! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment