Sunday, November 4, 2012

City Max to the Max

A friend had his birthday on Thursday, and decided the best possible theme for his party would be City Max style. City Max is a large clothing shop not too far from where we live, and I'd heard stories about the outrageousness of the clothing but hadn't made it there myself before. This all changed as four of us went to find our outfits. We entertained ourselves in the men's section for ages, finding hilarious t-shirts and belt buckles, but then E and I hurried upstairs to check out the women's wear. Wow. The dresses get worn to wedding ceremonies (women and men celebrate separately) and apparently these are good occassions for potential mothers-in-law to scope out potential brides for their sons...so everybody wants to look their best.

We spent some time rummaging through the abaya racks, as we both needed plain abayas, and suddenly the guys were there and I was forced to make a decision in a very short space of time. Of course, there are no changing rooms, so I just grabbed a dress (for the princely sum of $7.50) and hoped that it would fit.

So this is what I looked like at the start of Thursday night (abayas are really handy for covering up inappropriate attire)...
 I couldn't manage to take a stable photo.

And this is the after shot:
Probably wouldn't look too out of place on the Gold Coast wearing this huh!! Now, you were already pretty impressed with the leopard print, and the cape...but there was an extra special little touch on the bodice:
Now, normally I would be horrified if someone turned up to a party wearing the same thing as me, but thankfully, a lovely German girl had bought the same dress is a different colour scheme so it wasn't too bad. I even shelled out $10 for a pair of wedges that had leopard print on the wedge, which lasted all of about 10 minutes before the ankle strap snapped!

To protect the reputations of everyone else at the party, I won't upload any other photos here, but it's safe to say there were some spectacular outfits, and a great night was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment