Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Heating up

I'm heading to Juba, the capital of the newest country in the world, South Sudan on Saturday. Having come perilously close to going there before I started this job, I'm quite looking forward to seeing the place for myself. I'll only be going for 4 weeks to get the information management systems up and running (and writing a sitrep or two or three...) as we're expanding our programmes there to reach more people who are refugees or returnees, in an insecure context that is likely to suffer severe food shortages over the coming months.

I'm looking forward to all of the challenges that will come with being in the 'first wave' of staff going in to start the 'scale up' (the programme expansion) as it's been a while since my last proper emergency deployment.

The one thing I'm really not looking forward to is the weather...
It goes up even higher the week after next...eep!

No comments:

Post a Comment