Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Working from home - video fun edition

My first batch of leave is now over, and so I find myself turning on my work computer, clearing out my inbox, and deciding how to best tackle the sticky information management issues I want to write simplified guidance for over the next month.

And the best way of doing that is putting it aside and concentrating on my new video editing software!! How could this possibly be considered working from home? Well, I'm trying to be a bit more creative with the information products I create, and video is one aspect of that, which I need to improve my skills on. Hence the work time and the new software!

To see what it (Adobe Premier Elements 10) can do, I decided to use the "instant movie" function with the clips I filmed in Zanzibar. It took a very long time (and the software decided to include a clip of complete darkness that I'd forgotten to delete, so its recognition of good clips isn't the best...) but eventually it finished processing and, as I expected, it's pretty terrible.

So I present to you "Zanzibar - Obnoxiously auto-created."

I'll attempt to make a better version on my own (minus the horrific graphics) and will post at a later date, but am going to tackle a tougher subject first with my next hard hitting video report; my dad's veggie garden...

1 comment: