Sunday, May 29, 2011

Out and about in Dakar

What a day. I spent the morning wandering about my neighbourhood before going for quite a disappointing massage. I was surprised at how quiet the streets were for a Saturday morning.



At least there was a little bit more action around near the swimming pool...

After the massage I wandered down to Sea Plaza, which was about a 15 minute walk, to meet my colleague V. We wandered around the ridiculously expensive shops for a while, and then settled in at a lovely outdoor restaurant for lunch. Not such a shabby view!


From there we jumped in a cab and headed for an absolutely fantastic ice-cream shop, called N'ice Cream...crazy delicious. And it just happened to be on the outskirts of a big market place, so we wandered around there for a while.

I guess this is where all the people go on Saturdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment