I just had the following conversation with myself:
-Should I really pack my Gore-tex rain jacket?
- It's coming into the rainy season in Liberia
- Yeah, but the last time I packed it I didn't use it in a whole year
- But you just don't know with rain
- That's true, but how much time am I going to spend outside anyway?
- Yes, a very good point. Probably not that much time, and don't you have an umbrella?
- Of course I have an umbrella, it's got a penguin head on the end of it (and yes it's from Japan) and that would probably be sufficient for someone who's going to be sitting at a desk for many, many hours a day
- and isn't your gore-tex jacket a bit bulky? Could the space be used for something else?
- well I wouldn't call it bulky, it rolls up to almost nothing. Then again, I'll probably need to pack my other Gore-tex jacket, the slightly thicker one, just in case it gets a bit cold. And I might need it for warmth in the UK. Gore-tex is a funny word isn't it? Gorrrrrrrre-tex. Goretex. Gore-texxxxxxxxxxxxx.
I'm taking it out.