Monday, April 4, 2011

This and that

One of the great things about having my own blog is that I can put whatever I want on it. So if, for example, I wanted to say that my friend Pierre in Canberra is a dag, but a dag that can be counted on to read and write what he says he will, I can absolutely do that right here. Great huh!

There's not a lot going on at the moment, as I'm just sitting at home waiting for my boss to let me know where and when my next deployment will be. In between doing a bit of work I've been enjoying the warm weather (I swear it's hotter now than it was at Christmas) and catching up with friends. Today I spent a couple of very enjoyable hours with Dr J, an occasional commenter on this blog, reminiscing about the good old days at Fenner Hall in Canberra. From dancing on the mobile bar to "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton" being our most successful movie night, there were a lot of happy memories for us to dig up about life in college.

I'm getting stuck into one of my new hobbies...re-watching The West Wing from the beginning. It's funny how a show written 10 years ago can mirror the events of today, like this quote from Leo McGarry about Col. Khaddafi in the very first episode: "You're spelling his name wrong. What's my name? My name doesn't matter. I'm just an ordinary citizen who relies on the Times crossword for stimulation. And I'm telling you, that I've met with the man twice, and I've recommended a preemptive Exocet Missile attack against his airforce." If only Leo McGarry and co. were real we probably wouldn't have the problems we have today!

No comments:

Post a Comment