Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'm in Liberia

I left for Brisbane airport more than 48 hours ago, discovering along the way that I had 2 extra stopovers I hadn't known about. It was a pretty epic trip. On one leg I sat next to a photojournalist who'd just left Kabul and was heading for Lamu. She had some extremely interesting stories to tell and man I wish I were in Lamu right now! In Nairobi airport I had a chat with an aid worker headed to South Sudan, and again, she had plenty of interesting experiences to share (because what else is there to do at 6:45 in the morning at the airport cafe?)

And now I'm finally in Monrovia. First impressions: lush, green, good road from the airport, room with air conditioning is a wonderful surprise luxury!! Apologies, grammar is not my strong suit when I'm this tired. The flight term "red eye" literally applies to me right now.

1 comment:

  1. Liberia is one of three countries in the world that officially use the imperial system of measurement. Just learnt that today :)

    ReplyDelete