Friday, January 28, 2011

An ode to computers

Dear Dexter
I'd only had you for a few minutes before I realised there was something wrong with you. Your poor little screen was all stuffed up and broken on the left hand side. It broke my heart to realise you were defective and that I would have to send you back. I hope your offspring will be as perfect as I'd hoped you would be.


Love Carly.

Too bad I have no idea when I'll get to meet Dexter Jr, since I'm leaving the country tomorrow and he won't arrive for another 10 days or so. :-( And I'll also be saying goodbye to Dilbert as I know him, as he's scheduled in for a full lobotomy and won't be recognisable the next time I see him. He's been my constant companion for the past 3.5 years, a trusty sidekick, my window to the world. I'm not sure who I'll be without Dilbert, especially as there's no Dexter to be my immediate rebound computer. Life is tough.

Farewell Dexter, farewell Dilbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment