Saturday, January 15, 2011

A gentle shove

Some of my favourite bloggers have been a little bit slack of late, so I'm hoping a little bit of public recognition about how I much I enjoy their blogs may inspire them to get back into things (because excuses like getting married, or working in Sukkur or Iraq just won't cut it!!) soon. So:

Wanderlust
Rachel in Erbil
Vasco Pyjama

I'm looking at you guys! I know I'm not alone in hanging out for more of the well thought out and well written posts that you've provided us in the past! I've singled these three bloggers out because I know one of them in person and two are friends of friends (and hopefully 1 degree of separation friends eventually!) so I figure this encouragement (and thinly veiled guilt trip) will work even better.

Meanwhile, other favourite aid bloggers are going gangbusters and I can't keep up with everything. Two special shout-outs: Have you checked out Stuff Expat Aid Workers Like yet? From the number of times it's been appearing on my facebook page everytime a new item is added I know quite a lot of people who are enjoying it as much as I am.

And on a more serious note, Paul Currion has put up a fantastic set of information management tools over at humanitarian.info which are really going to help me with my new job!! If you ever need to deliver training on information management (don't think it can't ever happen to you, a friend of mine working in grant management has had to do it), this will be a great place to start.

2 comments:

  1. You are really sweet, thanks :D :D :D

    I've been working like mad with this job... I have to remind myself to breathe even!

    But I miss reading and writing in the HAWBOS (Humanitarian Aid Worker Blog-O-Sphere) soooooo much. I've been trying to figure out how to keep doing it.

    Hugsssssss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Carly! This is probably the first time anybody has blogged to beseech me to blog and I'm very flattered! I am definitely missing the rhythm and routine of blogging- though I have to say that I am a tad out of touch after 2 months of not being in the office or on top of humanitarian affairs- sadness! Plus I'm not sure that my normal audience will be quite so excited to read about my current routine of getting a 5-year-old to eat her dinner properly and get into bed by 7.30pm (a rare feat)... I will do my best to get back into the blogosphere very soon, I promise. :)

    Thanks mate. Hope you're staying well.

    ReplyDelete