Thursday, October 28, 2010

A letter to Audrey

Dear Audrey Jane,
You just came into the world a couple of hours ago, and I can't wait to meet you in person. Your Mum and Dad are one of the greatest couples I know and they're going to be wonderful parents. With their powers combined, you're going to learn how to play cricket and soccer and dance and paint and have the most wonderful sense of humour. I'll let you know now that I'll be your often absent but totally cool Aunty Carly, and I'll bring you presents and stories from all over the world, so you'll learn about the people and places that I'm lucky enough to visit. I'm so excited that you're part our extended family that is not related by blood, but by friends who love each other like sisters, and that you'll grow up surrounded by the greatest women I know.
Love,
Aunty Carly.

No comments:

Post a Comment