Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Idiosyncrasies

I've tried telling the staff at my guesthouse that I don't need my room cleaned every day, but that hasn't seemed to work. I tried taking my key with me to the office, and came home to find the room cleaned. I shouldn't complain about having someone clean my room everyday, but I'm really not *that* grubby!!

Until yesterday, every evening when I went to get into bed I would find that it had been made in a peculiar way - the blanket would be underneath the sheet. Granted, it's not a scratchy blanket, it's one of those faux velvet jobs, but it's still a strange practice in my opinion (particularly when you think that sheets get washed a lot more often than blankets). So every night, I would rip off the ugly bedspread, and flip the sheet and the blanket over, so that the sheet was on the bottom. I figured if the guy coming into to make the bed saw that I had changed the entire construction of sheet and blanket, he would realise that I was perhaps a bit particular about that kind of thing. But no, that wasn't the case.

But last night, as I went to crawl into bed, I was delighted to find something new. The blanket was sandwiched between two sheets!! I really can't understand the logic behind that, but it sure beats having to unmake and re-make the bed every night. I can't wait to see what I'll come home to today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment