Monday, August 2, 2010

The rest of Japan summed up

I will forever remember this trip to Japan as the time I ate my own body weight. Seriously, I can't believe how much deliciousness there was to be had. My Japanese sister Mina took Kent and me out for more okonomiyaki

And not just one okonomiyaki, but three different types: Osaka (left), Hiroshima (middle, my favourite) and Tokyo (right) styles.

Mina also took us out for lunch the next day which of course was also pretty super. We noticed the following from outside the Aeon shopping centre

It's dog grooming taken to a whole new level. Apparently a little haircut costs about $100!

And in store, there were fabulous doggy treats

and outfits...

We headed to Kobe on Saturday afternoon for a bit of a look around and then a dinner cruise for our birthday bash. I spotted this pair while having a nice cold beer. Yes, it's a dog wearing a hat

and another in sunglasses!

Also saw some good Engrish

The all you can eat (and drink) buffet on the cruise was pretty nice, and of course I had to take a photo of it!

We had a bit of fun on the boat, but the real fun started at...

KARAOKE!!!

Just as the night was really starting to kick off, a few of us had to dash off to catch the last train home (at 11:22!!) It I hadn't been leaving the next day I would've happily stayed out singing all night, but alas, all good things had to come to an end.

In fact, the whole week went way to quickly. I met some wonderful people, had incredible food, and it was so lovely to spend time with Mina who I hadn't seen in a few years.

But next time I go to Japan, it will definitely be in Spring or Autumn, no more Winter or Summer visits!!

1 comment:

  1. osaka style is my fav too. can't get bonito in my part of the world though, which kinda sucks.

    hey, i saw some great engrish the other day - from the breakfast menu:

    Eggs, any style:
    - boiled
    - fried
    - scream bled

    took me a while to figure it out. when i'm there next i'll get a photo!

    ReplyDelete