Thursday, March 25, 2010

My wonderwall

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you
by now you should've somehow realised what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do
About you now...

And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding

One of my favourite songs of all time started on my ipod as I was walking home this afternoon. The sun was beginning to set, and shining on my face as the familiar guitar chords started in my ears. I turned down the street that runs parallel to the main road, and called out a mahabar to the vegie guy on the corner, who smiled and waved back. I smiled at the sight of an older man being led on a walk by his large mastiff, who smiled back at my amusement. Further up the street, I said another mahabar to another old man pushing his not-quite-toddling grandchild in a stroller, who I used to see every morning when I lived at the monastery. The child seemed to recognise me too and gave me a little wave with her pudgy little hand.

I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do
About you now...

I do love Tripoli sometimes.

1 comment: