Monday, March 29, 2010

If you build it, they will come

Ingebjorg stumbled on a fantastic local jewellery designer in Beirut some time ago, who unfortunately no longer has a space to display and sell her wares, but if you're interested, you can check out her facebook page. Over drinks one night, we came up with the fabulous idea of inviting Zinab up to Tripoli so we could all buy some goodies. Thankfully, she agreed and this afternoon we spent a few very fun hours at Ingebjorg's pouring over the selection of necklaces, bracelets and earrings, with some wine and delicious baked goods.

Zinab's jewellery incorporates pictures of old film posters, of old Lebanon, or lots of different pendants that one can mix and match. It was a wonderful way to pick ready made pieces, or make adjustments, replacing one picture with another, to create truly individual designs that will give us lasting memories of Lebanon and the Middle East.

I'm not going to post any pictures of what I bought (which was a lot) because I haven't yet decided what I'm going to keep and what I'll give away. Even though my wallet is a lot lighter tonight, I'm very happy with what I've got...each piece is definitely a conversation starter! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment