Friday, March 5, 2010

Chasing a deal

Those of you who've been reading from the beginning will recall that this blog started with a round the world adventure in the aid of an epic proposal of marriage, which of course, led to an engagement. And as these things go, it's now time for a wedding, a wedding in which I'm the best man. So, understandably, it's important for me to get home to Australia in May to take up this important role. The airlines seem to be conspiring against me, with absolutely ridiculous air fare prices. I don't know how many times I've been into the travel agent here, or how many hours I've spent on the internet looking up different connection combinations, but it's a lot, and I still haven't managed to find a good deal.

Australia is a land of wonder, a sunburnt country that I love, but it really is at the wrong end of the world. Not only does it cost a lot to fly home, it also takes a long time. And if you want a fare that's a bit cheaper, then it will take an even longer time. It's time for a tectonic shift to move Australia up in the world!

2 comments:

  1. It is slowly but surely creeping towards PNG and in millions of years time will crash into Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool, millions of years...I'll be waiting!

    ReplyDelete