Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A change in the day

Today my work day had a nice change. Instead of sitting in front of my laptop all day, I ran a training session for our social workers to help them improve the quality and quantity of their reporting. It was a very simple session, basically summed up by the message Who, What, Where, When, Why, How. We did a couple of group exercises and they all incorporated the message into their examples, so I'm confident that they'll try to expand their reports in future. I don't remember the last time I delivered a training session, so it was nice to get back into the swing of things.

Unfortunately, the timing of the training clashed with another important event...the "live teeth brushing by pupils." I love that the kids in the camp are being taught proper dental care, and are being given "teethbrushes" (explain why it's a toothbrush when you brush all of your teeth with it?) and tooth paste (then again, why not teeth paste?), but don't think I could've sat through a demonstration!

No comments:

Post a Comment