Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Stirring it up

What a productive afternoon! After going to the pool, and attempting to teach Loai how to swim and breathe at the same time (which I successfully managed with Yassmin the other day) I swam 26 laps, and left the pool in a great mood. This was soon dashed while waiting for a taxi, with all the boys cruising past, turning on their high beams in my eyes (it was just dusk) and honking and whistling at me. Grrrrrrr.

I stopped by the butcher, and we managed to establish that he didn't have any chicken breasts, just burger patties and fried chicken, so I got some beef instead. I then called into the green grocer across the street and paid 1000 pounds (less than a dollar) for a bag of vegies! This was all quickly whipped up in a stir fry for three (our wok is woefully small).













Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment