Sunday, January 3, 2010

The world's most shameful events in 2009

As I've mentioned before, The Road to the Horizon led a poll on the events that we as the international community should be most ashamed of in 2009. The results are in and I suggest you go over there and read the whole post:

1st place: Palestine
2nd place: World hunger
3rd place is shared between the US and DRC:
5th place: Copenhagen
7th place: shared between Sudan and the international community
9th place: Somalia, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan

I've spent this year working on the top two place getters. I whole heartedly agree with Peter's conclusion:

"Let's hope that 2010 will mean a fresh start for a better year. A year we, humanity as a whole can be proud of.

I know, I will be an optimist until the day I die..."

No comments:

Post a Comment