Friday, January 22, 2010

Sandwiches in the sun

The sun came out and the sky cleared up today, lending a fabulous view of the snow capped mountains in the distance (of course, today I didn't bring my camera with me). To take advantage of the weather, the M&E girls and I jumped in a car and headed to the corniche to grab a fish sandwich. These are the best fish sandwiches in Lebanon (apparently). Now, when I say sandwich, you have to discard any notions of small square bread and remember that I'm in the land of flat round bread. The fish is marinated in what tastes like garlic, onion, salt and pepper and tahini and has the consistency of tinned tuna. Then you can add the salad stuff of your choice and then its wrapped up and handed over...with oil already turning the paper transparent. Delicious!

We took our sandwiches and crossed the road to sit by the harbour and watch the fishermen mending their nets. It's days like these that I love living in Tripoli.

1 comment:

  1. Blue skies smiling at me, nothing but blue skies do I see

    ReplyDelete