Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Giving up never felt so good

I left the compound this afternoon with a huge smile on my face. Why? Well, I submitted a report that's taken a long time to complete, but that was only a small part of the satisfaction. The real reason behind the smile was that I'd just called my Arabic teacher and told her I wasn't going to continue with classes. Learning a language shouldn't be easy, but I don't think it should make me miserable either, so I've decided to try my hand at another language instead; one in which I think I'll get a lot further in the 5.5 months I've got left here.

I came up with a little song while I was walking, in the cheesy 70's style reminiscent of "Reunited" by Peaches & Herb...I call it "Giving up never felt so good"

Giving up never felt so good
Though I didn't study as hard as I could
Wanted to learn, wanted to improve
But never managed to find the groove

Giving up never felt so good
Thought I do better, I thought I could
Made me feel stupid, made my brain wrench
So instead, I'm gonna learn French

3 comments:

  1. hehe, this one made me lol :)

    if sparky was there, he'd start singing 'the gambler' to you... be thankful for small mercies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA I was just writing a blog post this morning about how much I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate French classes. Hate. Hate. Hate. And I try my best to never use the word "hate"! It's not a good word to use! But I hate French classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! I really hope I don't hate French classes, I'm going to do an intensive course, 4 days a week for a month or two which will have exams and everything. If I start to get frustrated, I'll just have to remind myself that it can't be any worse than Arabic!!

    ReplyDelete