Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Welcome to the neighbourhood

I was sitting in my office about an hour ago, reading through some documents and wondering how I'm going to adapt it into the standard reporting format when there was an extremely loud boom and a second later the whole office shook. A few seconds later it happened ago. I heard people leaving their offices and went out to see what was going on. Boom! Boom! Boom! Some of the admin girls were looking quite upset and one of them grabbed my arm - she was shaking.

It turned out it was apparently some commemoration for a former PM - a 21 gun salute obviously wasn't impressive enough so they had to upsize to cannons of some description.

The reactions (or lack thereof) of different colleagues was interesting - many of my colleagues are Palestinians from the camps we're working in. You can imagine how such noises would remind them of what's happened in recent years. Others didn't react openly at all.

My pulse rate was certainly up...

No comments:

Post a Comment