Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Al Mina

I spent most of yesterday afternoon reading a new book ("Travels with my Aunt" by Graham Greene - hilarious so far), and was just considering what I could be bothered doing for dinner when Vidar asked if I wanted to go and get something to eat in al Mina, which is the old part of town where all the restaurants and bars are.

We strolled through the little alleyways (always conscious of motorbikes or bicycles hooning past) and it was absolutely charming. The sea breeze was quite strong, and it blew the sweet scent of the shishas throughout the area and there was a surprising amount of people sitting at tables outside, enjoying the evening. We went into a little place called RadDish and it was such a quaint little courtyard, and with the breeze and the food, it was just divine. I can see myself spending many an hour in a place like that.

1 comment:

  1. Have I ever told you that's one of my favourite books of all time?

    ReplyDelete