Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Shprexh-en zee eng-lish?

I'm a bit excited. I'm heading off to Geneva on the weekend - I'm not so excited about Geneva, because I've already been there 3 times, and I'm not actually going to be in Geneva, I'm going to be in a Best Western hotel 20km outside of the city where I've also stayed before. The only thing the place has got going for it is being a stroll away from a gigantic supermarket that has about five aisles of chocolate.

So, I'm not so excited about Geneva, but am I excited about why I'm going. It's a three day UN training course on information management, and they selected moi to attend - at their expense. Awesome. And maybe one day (as long as I don't stuff things up royally during the course), they'll actually deploy me as an information manager somewhere. That's pretty awesome too. And what is also pretty awesome, is that they didn't have any problems with me extending my stopover for an extra five days...in Germany.

I've never been to Germany, so that's pretty cool. What's even cooler is that I have an old friend living in Berlin who I haven't seen in a couple of years who I'm going to visit. How cool is that!! And she speaks fluent German, so all I have to remember is how to say the subject above and make my way from Frankfurt to Berlin, and then she can show me around. Cool!! I've always thought Berlin would be a pretty great city, and by all accounts it is. I'm just wondering if I can take a hammer and chisel in my carry on (as if I'd check a bag for a 10 day trip...pffffft!) to get myself a piece of the wall...

In a nutshell, it's all awesome and cool.

1 comment:

  1. If you take a bit of the wall I will personally frog-march you back to Berlin to return it :{

    ReplyDelete