Thursday, December 25, 2008

We've all done very well for ourselves...

On one of our many adventures in the Middle East, Jez told Emma and I that his Dad used to say the subject line to him and his sister every Christmas, and I think it's a great way to sum up the day. Not that any of us were spoiled at all, but we did get a few nice bits and pieces. My haul includes a beautiful new watch (that I picked out yesterday at Mum's shop), an easel for my spray painting, lots of chocolates, a little locket, one of those crazy voodoo toothpick men, some earrings, and a much needed foot scrub kit for my poor tired tootsies. Oh yeah, and my new dressing gown (MUCH NEEDED!!)



Dad was extremely happy with his annual present of a computer magazine...



Greg got some new books,



And Mum got all sorts of wonderful things...



And then there was the lunch...



And having more than just the usual four around the table (Greg's friend Devin on the far left, and family friend Matt in the middle with his girlfriend Ambre)



Just generally, happy as flamingos in borax (that's the new saying I've made up, obviously inspired by my recent travels - beats 'happy as a pig in mud' don't you think?)



Feliz Navidad everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment