Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lunching in Lima

Yesterday, after Sally and I had left the catacombs, we found a lovely little piazza with cafes, picked a spot in the sun (well, in the shade for me) and sat back enjoying a frozen orange juice while watching the world pass us by. It was another crazy cab ride back to our hostel, where we then headed for a 20 minute walk down to the ocean.

There's a fantastic mall called Larcomar which is built into the cliffs above the ocean, and again, we found a great place to eat with a fantastic view out to sea. Very pleasant indeed.

This morning, after a very successful (and cheap) shopping trip in Topitop (2 bikinis for the price of 1!) we walked down to Punto Azul, a very very popular restaurant with the locals, to try ceviche - the national dish of Peru. I knew it was fish, but that was all. For some reason, I thought there might be rice involved...I was wrong, oh so wrong. I ordered the 'mixto' and out came a large plate stacked with basically raw fish, squid, prawns and octupus, all covered in a really tangy orange sauce. The cooked sweet potato on the side mellowed out the tang, and it was really tasty...I just wasn't too keen on eating almost whole baby octopie!

No comments:

Post a Comment