Saturday, November 22, 2008

Taking it easy

Cusco is 3400 metres above sea level. I knew that this was 'altitude' and that you should acclimatise before doing, say, the 4 day Inca Trail trek to Machu Pichu. I knew I wouldn't be doing the Inca Trail (unfortunately, not enough time and not doing exercise for a year has left me quite unfit!), and didn't really think that acclimatising would be so bad.

I haven't really done much in the past few days (besides wandering around the markets, eating great Peruvian food etc) because I've felt really lethargic and dehydrated. I've been drinking litres and litres of water, and chowing down on the cocoa tea leaves that apparently help, and I finally woke up this morning feeling alive. Which is good, because tomorrow I start my journey to Machu Pichu.

In other news, I was reading my old housemate's blog (A Year in the Shit - it's linked on the right there) and had to post the same link she did to a story on Bangladesh's Rickshaw Idol...awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment