Monday, November 3, 2008

Another book

Ok, I'm just devouring the books. But I actually lashed out and bought a book at the airport yesterday. Anderson Cooper's "Dispatches from the Edge: A Memoir of War, Disasters and Survival" - he's the silver fox of a CNN anchor and former foreign correspondent (his mother is Gloria Vanderbilt). I haven't finished it yet (the subject refers to yet another Janet Evanovich book I found on the hostel shelf), I'm taking my time with it so I can actually stretch out the enjoyment.

Cooper's good. He intersperses experiences from Iraq and Niger, for example, with times he spent early in his career in Somalia and Vietnam. He did something crazy that I once flirted with the idea of - just rocked up in a challenging country and made it work for him.

I'll let you know how it goes (the book that is, not the showing up in a random country!)

1 comment:

  1. I read this book and thought it was extemely well done and written. It made me going looking for others Mr. Cooper has written and was sorry to see that there weren't any.

    ReplyDelete