Monday, October 27, 2008

This is how I roll

Friday night in San Francisco, the world is your oyster. Or in my case, the world was my funky warehouse rollerskating costume party! I wish I could upload the photos, but this computer just won't have a bar of it. Sylvia had failed to come up with a costume, but when we looked through her suitcase and found a black and white striped top, I had a stroke of genius. With my beret, and gloves and a quick trip to the chemist for some white face paint, she became a very cute mime.

Her friend Alecia rocked up as a drag drag queen (well that's what I call a woman dressing as a man dressing as a woman) and we made our way to an industrial neighbourhood, to a warehouse that had been transformed into the "Black Rock Roller Disco". It was only a small skating space and as time went on, more and more outrageous costumes crowded the floor. The DJ, dressed at Don King, played a great mix of roller songs, and came down to the floor to lead us in the electric slide.

It was one of those events that you see photos of in the local rag and wonder how people ever find out about these things. Well my friends, it's by scouring the local rag for something to do on the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment