Sunday, October 12, 2008

Stupid head

I was all set today to go to Juarez, Mexico. Although I missed the first bus I'd intended to catch, I wandered down to the bus stop and didn't have too long to wait. Of course, the bus driver told me not to catch that bus, as I'd have to go through the whole route to get to the connection terminal, and if I just wandered up the hill in the other direction and get the same bus from there, it'd be much easier.

I'd just seen that bus drive by minutes before. Bugger. Anyway, I thought I figured out when the next one would be (El Paso Sun Metro has the most confusing timetable I've ever seen!), so I headed back to the hotel to catch the end of "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style" to then walk back again.

Off I went again, and waited. And waited. And waited some more. It was at this time that I felt the inklings of a migraine coming on. My stupid head just decided that it was the perfect time to really improve my day.

So instead of wandering around Mexico, I was laid up in bed for the rest of the day. At least at some point it rained, which made me feel a bit better, but what a waste of perfectly good wandering time. Grrrrrrr!

Just have to try again tomorrow...after I check the Sun Metro website and see if that's any easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment