Saturday, October 25, 2008

Struggling for an original subject for Alcatraz

"Escape from Alcatraz" was just way too obvious! I caught an old fashioned cable car down to the bay this morning, and hiked to Pier 33 to get my boat over to Alcatraz. It was really cool - I got one of those dorky audio tour guides (hey, it was included in the ticket price) and it was narrated by old guards and prisoners. There were some very cool stories about escape attempts and life in the prison in general. And the weather was gorgeous! People keep telling me that this is completely unseasonable weather (hot and sunny) and today was a perfect day for a boat ride and a meander around the island.

I caught the cable car back (so much fun hanging off the side), grabbed my stuff out of the hostel locker and moved to another hostel with Slyvia, as the place we'd been staying at didn't have any vacancies tonight. I've seen about 6 people at the new place who were from the other place already. It's a much cooler hostel, unfortunately located in the Tenderloins district, but a good place for my last night in town.

Tonight, Sylvia and I are headed to a costumed rollerskating party, which is part of the documentary festival that's going on. I saw the ad in the local free paper, and have been excited about it all week. The bumblebee is coming out again! I will take lots of pictures, but who knows when I'll be able to upload them.

Tomorrow, I fly out...

Catch me if you can!

And yes, 10 points officially go to Steve for his le tigre-esque victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment